Friday, June 26, 2009

Death of a lonely king


You can change the world (I can't do it by myself)
You can touch the sky (Gonna take somebody's help)
You're the chosen one (I'm gonna need some kind of sign)
If we all cry at the same time tonight.

-Michael Jackson (Cry)

This morning... turned on the news,... it was quite shocking to learn that the king of pop died. Couldn't imagine this actually. Seems he died outta a heart attack.

In a way, I'm an ardent fan of the butterfly effect of the chaos theory. In a way, I'm sitting here typing this in front of my computer because of MJ. It is also a scary concept if you understand it well..leads you to think that someone somewhere, unaware of what he/she's doing,is actually shaping your actions. But MJ did shape a lotta things.This man defeinitely shaped the music industry.

The music paraphernalia of today is definitely influenced by Michael Jackson. His way of doing things was the happening thing in the 1970's. So naturally music companies would have very well shaped their gear for MJ kinda music. The softwares I use today has more pop elements than ever before, and MJ has everything to do with it. Thanks MJ for givin' us the music. Especially my favorites like You rock my world, Billy Jean is not my lover, heal the world (which is making me cry now as I type now),Thriller, Cry,Liberian girl and Childhood.

It appears he was a troubled lonely man. But I wonder, who is really not lonely? Everybody is all the time,in a way or other really lonely...makes me give new meanings to phrases like 'lonely man in a crowd'. Even after all the comedy in the media about him, people still respect the king of pop. MJ is really KING for he ruled once..and now, every other man living in this age can say proudly that he/she lived and roled in the time of the King of pop...long live your music.

No comments:

Post a Comment