Sunday, April 25, 2010

Filling the air that surrounds...




Hai everyone...it's 3 o' clock in the morning...the night is silent, and I'm here typing this entry. I know I would post something today, but was not sure about the topic. I have a youtube video playing a song from the tamil movie "Eeram" . I am happy that new composers like Thaman are doing well these days. I was introduced to a song called "Tharai Irangiya" by a dear friend yesterday. We were sitting in our living room with no power, (thank you govt. of India!) and we had to have some music to keep the place alive cause in my neighbourhood, you wouldn't even know if your neighbour dies accidentally. Probably you would peep out of the window and only then you can find what's going around. I infact don't know the names of the neighbours till now...Well that's another issue.

So coming back to our discussion, I love birds...not individually, but as groups. Their innocence and the way they fly away in groups is all so awesome. And the once pigeons land on the ground, they walk that very swanky walk swaying from side to side. I have always been a fan of this cute walk that birds have. Beautiful...

அனால் அதை விட அழகான ஒரு சின்ன அழகு இருக்கிறது...பெண்ணின் மனதில் ஒளிந்திருக்கும் காதல் அது...நான் ஒரு ரசிகன்!!! அவர்கள் நடை, குரல், பாவனை ,பார்வை அனைத்தும் மாறிட காண்கிறேன்.. எனக்கு அது பிடிக்கிறது ...so...ஒரு பெண்ணின் மனதை காதல் சித்ரவதை செய்வதை எவ்வாறேலாம் வர்ணிக்கலாம்?...கவிஞர்களுக்கும் ,காதல் கவிதை மன்னர்களுக்கும் ஒரு கேள்வி...விடை தேடி அலைந்தேன்...
Poetry has changed now...from the times when Wordsworth wondered at a lady reaping through the farm till the modern lyrics of today's tamil song are just stunning. This song from Eeram, has these stunning lines:
தரை இறங்கிய பறவை போலவே
மனம் மெல்ல மெல்ல அசைந்து போகுதே
கரை ஒதுங்கிய நுரைகள் போலவே
என் உயிர் தனியே ஒதுங்குகிரதே...
I started wondering...எந்த அளவுக்கு வாழ்கையை அனுபவிசிருந்தா இவ்வாறு எழுத தோன்றும்??! amazing.... I was dumbstruck...one of my friends suggested this song long back, but only today I fell in love with this song...
Can there be any other way of expressing such a lovely feeling in such one line? I doubt seriously..but nice effort. The synth sounds and the beat are very nice. Good luck Thaman man..I thought of penning all my feelings but feeling a bit sleepy. The voice is an amazing indicator of our thoughts. The girl's voice in the movie just does that work. I'm waiting for my exams to end so that I can see that movie finally.

The way I look at love has changed...thanks to this song and a bottle of cooool 7up.., I was having a cup of 7up and just look at how I'm able to type even now!! Try it...it rocks!

மீண்டும் மனம் அசையும் வரை...

1 comment:

  1. ரோம்ப நல்லாருக்கு அண்ணே!

    ReplyDelete