Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The thief and the stolen...

Hey...
About say around 4 years back one of my friends in music, produced a song. We are friends through myspace (which was the facebook of yesterday) and he was asking me what video,if shot, would fit this song. So he sent me that song, and I was all alone sitting in my living room.
The lyrics were a bit...dark...the voice wasn't natural, it came from a voice box. So there were so many reasons for me to suggest only this particular story and I knew it would attach itself well with the song.
My story was set in..say probably in one of those very picturesque valley towns. Something like the kind of places you see in Mexico.
It was about a former thief, sitting on a park bench and crying over a card that her girlfriend had given her. He then walks up to an old lady,snatches her bag and runs away.
Another car with around 3 guys inside waits for him. That is when the audience get to know that it is a planned operation. And they escape.
Then follows the dramatic cascade of police chases. In the middle of these, our lead gets images of that girlfriend in his head. Using this we can show the audience about their breakup in love.
And finally the chase gets over, the men are dragged to prison, and the last shot shows the lead character holding a pendant with her picture on it and weeping...again.
I'm not sure again, if I'm effective enough in delivering such a concept to you guys, but all that made me think of such a concept , was how emotions get into the way you perform.
Just yesterday me and a couple of my friends were talkin about this.
Men always need big vents to throw away built up emotions...just like how one of my friends who's into boxing, keeps punching bags just to keep his anger level down. Everybody's got their own style of getting it out. Thankfully I got my music.Atleast I don't have to punch bags of sand ;-) .
The two wonderful phrases that run my life literally are "WHAT IF..." and "WHY NOT?" ...I sometimes get astonished at the scale at which I exercise these two phenomena, but the outcome is amazing believe me. What if, there's never negative energy following a failure? Like in our case, the lead character resorting to steal once again? ...why can't there be a positive change?
Wondering...
Everybody gets hurt now and then. The severity varies, nature varies, but the point of attack is the mind always. We lose stability. We fall down. But how long we take time to stand up, brush the sand of our body and start walking tall is the difference.
I think that most men and women who scale heights have this kind of a fuel that drives them. It is inevitable...the shear nature of our mind demands reason when we move towards a goal. Ofcourse, saying that walking towards goals is like trying to sum up the meaning of life into a simple word. That is wrong. Impossible.
So...I'm adding more fuel to myself..letting it burn...just wanna see how I operate in overdrive.
I've changed...have I not? Hmmm...maybe I have, but I know this is temporary. There is one Mahesh there who always sits in the dark, does music, sleeps a lot, hangs around with himself,find joy in silence. He's that guy...he was a hit product.
Searching for him....again.

1 comment:

  1. வுழுந்தா எழனும்.... எழுந்துதான் ஆகனும்... மனசுன்னா வலிக்கத்தான் செய்யும்... வலிக்கும்போது ஒரு வேகம் வரும்... பாக்சர்னா பஞ்ச்சு, பாடகர்னா பிட்ச்சு, பாவலர்ன்னா பாட்டு, இதல்லாம் தெரியாதுன்னா தூக்கம்! கொஞ்ச நேரத்தில எழுந்து நடையக்கட்ட வேண்டியதுதான்... என்ன நான் சொல்றது?...சர்தானே!

    ReplyDelete